Do you remember??? Sanitary Laundry

Pictures, History, Articles from the past
David
Site Admin

Do you remember??? Sanitary Laundry

Post by David »

Last edited by David on Thu September 15, 2011, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce Osburn

Post by Bruce Osburn »

I remember Sanitary Laundry, that is, if it was the one on Vance Street, just a hop, skip and jump to the east of Pansy Fetner School. Although I doubt my family ever used the laundry's washing services since we had a washer and clothesline, the chances are good that we had dry cleaning done there.

The main reason I remember the laundry is because it was supportive of Pansy Fetner school whenever one of the grades conducted a fund raiser for class activities.

We children brought clothes hangers from home and tied them into 25-hanger bundles. I don't know what the laundry paid for the hangers but they bought all that the kids collected. (1948-1950)
Bruce Osburn
--We live so long as we are remembered... old German adage.
freddie hassler

Post by freddie hassler »

I had all my shirts and pants done there after High School, until I joined the AirForce in Oct 1965
:D
Janet J. Norton

Post by Janet J. Norton »

....and who could forget Ed Evans...he was so nice.
freddie hassler

[Ed must have been the man who drove the van :?: he was so nice to everyone :D
t12

Post by t12 »

I made many stops there during my three years of nursing school. Loved that nice chrisp starch finish for all our uniforms.
freddie hassler

it's a shame that they don't have those now , they were so sharp :D
Wayne Terry

Post by Wayne Terry »

I worked for John Evans for a couple of years in college(primarily summer although I did work some holidays). Both he and Mrs. Evans were great people.

Gosh, it's been about 10 years ago, but I was playing in a Pro-Am golf tournament in Florence at the Country Club of South Carolina and was talking to Russell Glover when up walks Tony Evans who was playing in the tournament also. Tony and I talked for a while on the putting green before we started.

The first round of golf that I ever caddied was for Tony and his three partners at RCCC. Zane Winters and I "drug" around 2 bags each for 18 holes and since we were only in the 8th grade, it was a challenge!