Mike Caskey Feb. 5, 1965

Pictures, History, Articles from the past
David
Site Admin

Mike Caskey Feb. 5, 1965

Post by David »

Wayne Terry

Post by Wayne Terry »

Played for Mike for a while, but never knew or understood how good he was as a Gamecock until I got hooked on South Carolina football while my son was in school there. Now I get to watch a struggling team finally being built into a true SEC contender..Thank you Melvin Ingram!!!!

I've also learned a lot of history of the Cocks including how well Mike performed while he was there. It also answers how and why Mike got Marvin Bass to speak at our All Sports Banquet in 1962 or 63.

I can also remember taking Mike a snake for his "snake aquarium" when he was teaching 8th grade. Rascal had bitten me twice, so I delivered him to Coach Caskey...
dcrooke

Post by dcrooke »

The Class of 66 (we were Juniors) gave the Class of 65 (Seniors) the LAST Jr.-Sr. Prom at HHS. It was held at the Hamlet National Guard Armory. The theme was an "Hawaiian Theme" with sand brought inside the armory as a beach. The money raised for our Jr.-Sr. was used to purchase fiber-glass backboards for the Hamlet High School gym in memory of Mike Caskey.
micacaskeypruitt

Re: Mike Caskey Feb. 5, 1965

Post by micacaskeypruitt »

In just under 2 years from leaving Hamlet my father, Mike Caskey, died with cancer (September 1966). I was 8, my brother 11, and little sister only 2. I remember being part of Hamlet High School as a mascot in 1963. Skey was always on the field. Burke was a baby. We missed knowing him and your thoughts are kind. Thank you for these memories. mica caskey pruitt