Post by David »

Jody Meacham

Post by Jody Meacham »

Lillian D James -- Sr.
Jody Meacham
HHS Class of 1969
bandwagon

Post by bandwagon »

W.D.James Inc. on Main Street in Hamlet has a large portrait of Mrs.James in her younger days that is so beautiful.There is also a portrait of W.D.James Sr., also hanging in the office. It is worth a trip to see two that made such a difference in the city of Hamlet.
David
Site Admin

Post by David »

You must have recently gone by WD James Inc. as I just hung the pictures a couple of weeks ago

For the out of towners. The locals can go by and see Linda.

Wayne Terry

Dr. William C. Terry

Post by Wayne Terry »

Ronnie Crooke asked me if the Dr. William C. Terry mentioned in the article was related to me..

Yep, his great grandfather and my great great great grandfather were brothers..Since I "hit the gold mine" in family tree history a few years back, I've been able to unravel the story of the Terry's in Richmond County that goes back a long time. Never knew I was related to so many people.

Actually I remember Doctor Terry fairly good. His office was across the corner from the Fire Dept and Police Station as I remember. Big white house and his office was there. I went to see him a couple of times, but it was usually when Dr. Garrison was booked solid or out of town.

1769. William Calvin (Dr.)6 TERRY (Calvin Bryant5, Eli *4, Champness * G.3, Anne * "Nancy"2
RAIFORD, Matthew * (John)1) was born May 23, 1880 in Richmond Co., North Carolina3885,3886,3887,
and died July 27, 1954 in Richmond Co., North Carolina3888,3889. He married Minnie BOWMAN July
15, 1914 in Richmond Co., North Carolina3890, daughter of Ilderton BOWMAN and Mary CRUM. She
was born April 24, 1891 in North Carolina3891,3892, and died July 27, 1954 in Hamlet, Richmond, North
Carolina3892.
Notes for William Calvin (Dr.) TERRY:
Alt. birth: 23 May 1892 (need to ck. 1880 census)
Alt. death: 24 Oct 1954
More About William Calvin (Dr.) TERRY:
Burial: Unknown, Mary Love Cem., Hamlet, Richmond, North Carolina3892
Residence: Hamlet, Richmond, North Carolina3893
More About Minnie BOWMAN:
Burial: Unknown, Mary Love Cem., Hamlet, Richmond, North Carolina3894
Children of William TERRY and Minnie BOWMAN are:
+ 3372 i. William7 Calvin,Jr.TERRY, born May 05, 1915 in Richmond Co., North Carolina; died March
30, 2001 in Hamlet, Richmond, North Carolina.
+ 3373 ii. Virginia TERRY, born Private.

There were more than one Dr. William Terry though as there was another in Rockingham. Our original progenator, William Terry(East of the Pee Dee) is supposedly buried in Terry Bridge Cemetery back towards the swamps behind that house. However, no one has been able to find a marker there even though there are other family members buried there. He was born about 1744 so it's likely that whatever marker may have been there is gone now.

Some of the folks that are really interested in these things are trying to get the DNA tests linked, but so far, we're hitting a dead end on him. We can get the "Nancy Raiford Terry" back "across the pond, but so far not with William.