They had pretty good food there too!
freddie hassler

Re: OK Bowl 1960

Post by freddie hassler »

Sigmore, I think you misspelled Booze :roll:
sigmore

Post by sigmore »

I think I remember drinking one beer at that establishment, and one , and one, and one.
freddie hassler

Sigmore, that's the same way you drank em at ''The Midget''
sigmore

Post by sigmore »

I am still in the proud possession of two pristine "The Midget" t shirts. How bout that!
freddie hassler

Sigmore, I think Butch gave them to the one who could drink the most beer, how many did you wear out LOL
freddie hassler

Sigmore, the USAF Thunderbirds will be at your town this coming March 11-12if you have or haven't seen them, I would make plans to watch the best pilots anywhere,I've seen em about 6times while in the Air Force at Malmstrom AFB Great Falls, Mont. and even when I got out at Pope AFB2 times and Myrtle Beach AFB once I'm not sure what the are flying now, I've seen them fly the F100- F4C-T33 and the F106 :roll: they are stationed at Nellis AFB NV. and are Combat ready Fighter Pilots
sigmore

Post by sigmore »

I saw them here a few years back at the Titusville Airport. Bumped into a lady on our way in who had some passes left to sit in the Thunderbirds Courtesy VIP section at the air show. Being of sound mind and body I readily accepted those passes and hauled ass to their courtesy tent. Right on the flight line and easy access to a blue outhouse and a beer garden. Had free vittles too!! I really enjoyed their show. Got to shake their hands after they dismounted their purty birdies and passed by the tent. Blue Angels ain't nothin to sneeze at though. Have been lucky enough to see them also.
freddie hassler

The Blue Angels are good too and a young man from Rockingham was one(a Major Leatherneck) can't remember his name, but my daughter Dana went to school with him They were at Seamore JohnsonAFB just this year , but couldn't make the trip, maybe one day I will get to see them show their stuff in person I've only seen them on TV
sigmore

Post by sigmore »

They have some good BBQ places in Goldsboro too. Went to Scott's several times while I was working in that area. We'd go to the air base and sit on the back of the truck and watch them F-16's do touch and go's while time we would sip on some whiskey. Fell off the back of the truck a couple of times but I had tuck-n-roll down to a science by then