Where are they now? Gene & Cathy Breeze

About Hamlet people or things
g gregson

Where are they now? Gene & Cathy Breeze

Post by g gregson »

Does anyone have any info on Gene & Cathy Breeze who lived on Minturn Ave.? They were brother & sister twins and lived here probably around mid to late 1960's. Their house was beside the house where Nancy Zucker (deceased) lived at the top of McPhails hill (177 ). Think it was a duplex rental. Been a very long time and was just wondering whatever happened to them or maybe where they are today. Thanks for any assistance

G. Gregson
gregson@atmc.net
sigmore

Post by sigmore »

Dang GG. You sure can stir up some old memories. I haven't thought about them two in years and some more years. I didn't even know that Nancy Z was gone. I remember when she ran through the front of Rose's. I think she was the first one to ever do that. It started the gas or brake brain poot phenomenum.
Nancy Pollard

Gene and Cathy Breeze

Post by Nancy Pollard »

They are the niece and nephew of my sister in law Joyce Breeze Wilson. I can contact her tomorrow and see. I know Mary Breeze who used to be a teacher at HHS is in Greensboro. That is where the family moved when they left Hamlet. Their Dad Hubert Breeze has passed away...

I will write you at the address here or you can reply to my email address on line.. I am sure Joyce will know where they all are...

I can picture the house where they lived because it was Joyce and Hubert's parents house before they moved in.
David
Site Admin

Post by David »

Gene Breeze is now in Orlando and doing well. He said he had good memories of his time in Hamlet.
sigmore

Post by sigmore »

I'm only 45 minutes away! I can drag him back to the Stone Age!! Ask him if he he remembers ole Benjamin. I'l be nice, promise.
freddie hassler

Post by freddie hassler »

I remember when she taught at Hamlet had her as a Teacher real nice Lady :D :D
freddie hassler

After reading the post by Nancy Pollard, and finding out Mrs. Breeze's first name and where she now lives, I looked her up and gave her a call
Just had to tell her how much I enjoyed her as a teacher,such a joy to talk with her once again and this Website"Our Hamlet" made that connection. Thank's David and the Great job you do here, pulls us all so close together once again, plus making new friends too.
beachbum

Post by beachbum »

Didn't Hubert Breeze write for the newspaper?
Jean Raby Nelson
Location: 12 miles south of Tampa off I-75 exit 250, Riverview FL

Breeze

Post by Jean Raby Nelson »

He didn't work there from mid 1962-1965
Capturing life one frame at a time...
terry gibson

Post by terry gibson »

Does anyone know the current whereabouts of Bruce "Butch" Sloop who would have graduated HHS either 1963 or 1964?
Nancy Pollard

Hubert Breeze

Post by Nancy Pollard »

As to him working for the Newspaper....He did work for the paper there in the fall of 1960..Not sure when they left the area to go to Greensboro..He was a photographer but not sure what else he might have done with the paper.
David
Site Admin

Post by David »

Found this article Nov. 14, 1956.

dbreeze

Re: Where are they now? Gene & Cathy Breeze

Post by dbreeze »

Gene is in Orlando with his wife Cait, enjoying retirement and playing golf every day. Kathy is in Greensboro with her husband Jon. Baby brother James is in San Antonio with his wife Carolyn, and big brother David (me) is in Greensboro with his wife Rissa. We all miss Hamlet and those innocent days when kids could roam far and wide and no one worried as long as they showed up for dinner.
dbreeze

Hubert Breeze

Post by dbreeze »

Hubert worked for the Richmond County Journal for most of our years in Richmond County. He moved briefly to the Hamlet paper, then back to the Journal. Photography was part of his work as a reporter, and he was very good at it. He also wrote a couple of columns. We moved to Greensboro in 1965 so he could take a job at the Greensboro Daily News. I still have his old Rolleiflex twin lens camera.
freddie hassler

David, is Mary Breeze ,10th grade English teacher a HHS any kin? :roll:
dbreeze

Post by dbreeze »

Yep, my mom! She passed away in 2015. Apparently she was well liked as a teacher, based on the comments from former students.
freddie hassler

Yes everyone loved your mother sorry about your loss, I did call her once I found out what town she was living in, looked her up on the white pages,Thank's to my friend Nancy Wilson,Pollard