Research on Barlow home Located on 343 Gin Mill Rd.

About Hamlet people or things
denisehatley

Research on Barlow home Located on 343 Gin Mill Rd.

Post by denisehatley »

I am doing some research for the Family that just bought the two story Plantation home that David H. Barlow owned on 343 Gin Mill rd. A will states a Cemetery on the Land? I have done research back to 1910. Finding the Land owner who built the home in 1907 and information or stories of the Family would be wonderful information.
Betty Freeman Farrell

Re: Research on Barlow home Located on 343 Gin Mill Rd.

Post by Betty Freeman Farrell »

My grandfather Martin Cope Freeman built this house not sure of the year but moved out in 1910 when he built the big white house next to Hamlet High School that was torn down when they enlarged tha school. I dont think there is a cemetery on that property but there is one on the corner of Freeman Mill Rd and Gin Mill Rd. This is the King Freeman Cemetery and my cousin Susan Almond owns it. I live in Panama City Fl now but grew up in Hamlet. If i can be of help please contact me @ bettyl65@aol.com
denisehatley

Post by denisehatley »

Betty, Thank you so much for this information :D I look forward to sending you a email to further learn more about the home.
Wayne Fuller

Post by Wayne Fuller »

I not sure but seems like there use to be a cemetery located on the town side of the house on a mound of soil with a rod iron fence around it, but I'm not sure about that.
sigmore

Post by sigmore »

Grammar Police!! Grammar Police!! Wayne it's ( I'm not sure) and the other one is a mind boggling (rod iron). I'm pretty sure you were trying to say "wrought iron" so I'm giving you a gimme. I sure as heck hope Jody Meacham doesn't see the wreckless slaughter of the English Language you seem to revel in. Nuff said.
denisehatley

Post by denisehatley »

Wayne Fuller wrote:I not sure but seems like there use to be a cemetery located on the town side of the house on a mound of soil with a rod iron fence around it, but I'm not sure about that.
I know that the Freeman Cemetery is located on the corner of Freeman mill rd and Gin Mills rd. But that is going out of town. I will have to look into that.
denisehatley

Post by denisehatley »

Thank you Betty, Does anyone know if tobacco was ever planted on the Land owned by Freeman, Burton, Or Barlow?
denisehatley

Post by denisehatley »

I wanted to Thank everyone who helped with the information on Gin Mill rd. The Family has found a Pastor to come in and bless the home.
freddie hassler

Post by freddie hassler »

@ Wayne, what was the name of the RR clerk that worked at yard A who owned that home and fixed it up probably during the 80's?
Eagle One

Post by Eagle One »

Tom Ruffner
Last edited by Eagle One on Fri September 16, 2016, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freddie hassler

Post by freddie hassler »

Tom was a pilot and had his own plane, one day while passing by his house on the Main line Tom spelled out the name PESPI in front of his house with his plane using smoke :D