Freeman family

About Hamlet people or things
David
Site Admin

Freeman family

Post by David »

Hello, my name is Patrick Hanlon I am the Grandson of William Teague Freeman, the son of William David Freeman. I know that I have a bunch of relatives who used to live in the area and possibly some who still do. I am seeking information, records and possibly pictures of any Freeman family member I can find. I am most interested in my grandfather at the moment and eventually further back. I understand that there is a cemetery that is known as the Freeman cemetery. Any help you could give or if I could register for the forum would be great!

Regards,

Patrick Hanlon
Son of Rosa Marie Freeman
Grandson of William T Freeman
Wayne Fuller

Re: Freeman family

Post by Wayne Fuller »

The Freeman Cemetery is located on the corner of Freeman Mill Road and Gin Mill Road in Hamlet N. C. There is a Freeman relative on Facebook (Betty Farrell). There is also some other Freemans around Hamlet if this is not the family that you are looking for.
Wayne Fuller
Last edited by Wayne Fuller on Mon January 23, 2017, 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wayne Fuller

Post by Wayne Fuller »

The Freeman Cemetery is located on the corner of Freeman Mill Road and Lackey Street extension in Hamlet N. C. There is a Freeman relative on Facebook (Betty Farrell). There is also some other Freemans around Hamlet if this is not the family that you are looking for. If you would like to contact me email, kfuller@carolina.rr.com or IM me on facebook at waynefuller.
Wayne Fuller
Betty Freeman Farrell

Post by Betty Freeman Farrell »

I am Betty Freeman Farrell and most of my family lived in Hamlet from the beginning of the town and before, I don't know if we are related or not but will try to help you. There were at least three different Freeman families living in East Hamlet when I grew up. Wayne Fuller will be posting a picture of William David Freeman. let me know if this is your father. The lady who posted is Lillian Whitaker and lives in Hamlet. If i have more information I can check on Ancestry. com. What i have so far is William Teague Freeman son of Samuel
Freeman was married to Rebecca Steen died in 1904 and is buried in the McIntyre Cemetery in Hamlet but without dates can't be sure.
Would you like me to send you an invite to see my tree on Ancestry, if so I need your e-mail address mine is bettyl65@aol.com.
Wayne Fuller

Post by Wayne Fuller »

William David Freeman<http://mediasvc.ancestry.com/v2/image/n ... Height=493>
Wayne can you post this on Hamlet site I think it's his father and I will post more. The lady Lillian Whitaker lives in Hamlet. Betty

LillianWhitaker12 <http://connect.ancestry.com/Profile/00c ... 0000000000> originally shared this on 24 May 2015

LINKED TO

William David Freeman

WILLIAM DAVID FREEMAN

Wayne can you post this on Hamlet site I think it's his father and I will post more. The lady Lillian Whitaker lives in Hamlet. Betty
LillianWhitaker12 originally shared this on 24 May 2015
LINKED TO
William David Freeman
WILLIAM DAVID FREEMAN

I COULD NOT GET THE PICTURE TO POST.
I COULD NOT GET THE PICTURE TO POST.
Last edited by Wayne Fuller on Wed January 25, 2017, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Betty Freeman Farrell

Wayne thank you for trying to post the picture,if Patrick sends me his e-mail address i will send it to him.
lynnsteen

Post by lynnsteen »

I too have a William David Freeman (9/24/1886-5/21/1950) in my family tree, inasmuch as his mother Rebecca Steen is a distant relative of mine. But I list the father of this WD Freeman as William M. Freeman, not William Teague Freeman. This WD Freeman was shop foreman for SAL shops.

A quick Ancestry.com search for William Teague Freeman (5/28/1925-3/28/1993) reveals that he is a son of first mentioned William David Freeman and second wife Lillie Ethel Cagle. He died in Volusia County, FL, and is buried in Deland, Volusia County, FL.

William M.(8/31/1861-9/12/1904) and Rebecca Steen Freeman (6/30/1893-9/2/1965) are buried in McIntyre Cemetery as stated by Betty F. Farrell. Per the Find-A-Grave website, this cemetery is also located on Freeman Mill Road south of Hamlet, just west of Highway 177.

For what it's worth, there are certainly other Freemans in Richmond County. A cemetery that immediately comes to my mind is Freeman-Leviner Cemetery. I don't know the exact location of it, but I was told some years ago that it is located on Osborne Road, about half-way between the community of Osborne and Nebo Church Road. I was also told at the time that it has not been maintained, and is overgrown. The grave listings are shown on the Richmond County webpage of the USGenWeb.org website. A benefit of this Richmond County site is that it has an "alternate index of burial listings" by surname for the County on the Cemetery page (only one I've seen from my visits to GenWeb sites) which gives DOB, DOD, burial location, and some relationship information. Then there are the individual Cemetery listings. A very good source in my opinion.

Post by Wayne Fuller »

Lynn, David C. Freeman lived here in Hamlet and was a shop foreman for SAL/SCL/CSX. He has 2 daughters that live here Lillian (Becky) Freeman Whitaker & Gail Freeman Wise. I suspect that they are kind to you because the are kind to the Steen's. There mama was kind to Sam Steen.
sigmore

Post by sigmore »

That sure was a good thing that were nice to each other. I think Wayne made a booboo and wrote kind instead of kin. Everyone gets one Wayne, and you're way overdue.
Wayne Fuller

Post by Wayne Fuller »

Sigmore, you got me. You heard about Gary 9Frog ) Gregson I recond.
sigmore

Post by sigmore »

I haven't heard anything about Mr Gregson. Nothing bad I hope.
Wayne Fuller

Post by Wayne Fuller »

Sigmore, Gary passed on Thursday.
freddie hassler

Post by freddie hassler »

As you go into Mary Love the Main Gate, to the Right is the Freeman section, Robert Brown, and his Mother are there, she was a Freeman. the man who gave the Land for Mary Love was a FreemanI'm thinking I read that here on Our Hamlet.
Betty Freeman Farrell

Yes Freddie there has been a lot posted about the Freeman family and Mary Love Cemetery here.My Great-Grandfather George J. Freeman donated the land and kept the first four spaces for our families. His son Martin Cope Freeman (my grandfather) and family are in the first space and his daughters Emma Freeman Graham,Rosalie Freeman Brown and Virginia Freeman Halliburton and their families have the other three spaces.
freddie hassler

Thank's Betty, sure miss seeing you around and about here in Hamlet[.I went to Robert's funeral, we were classmates HHSclass of'64.I called Bonnie, when her Mother died, she told me her brother Willie had also passed away, but he wasn't at Mary Love, can't remember where she said his resting place was./b]
freddie hassler

Betty, I think I may have the wrong Bettie Freeman in mine, the Bettie Freeman I knew in Hamlet, was married to David FreemanRIP. I was thinking she remarried, but I'm thinking she may have passed now get me straight on this matter
Wayne Fuller

Post by Wayne Fuller »

Freddie, the Betty Freeman you are thinking of was married to David Freeman. Betty Brice Freeman did pass a 3 or 4 years back. She and David lived on Hylan Ave. and she was a nurse at Hamlet hospital.
Betty Freeman Farrell

Freddie, I was suprised when you said you missed me around Hamlet,don't think we have ever met, Wayne,I was married to Ed McDonald Leonard's brother for twenty years when I lived in Hamlet. I left hamlet in 1964 and came To Florida was divorced and remarried but still love to keep up with Hamlet news thanks to Our Hamlet.org. My Freeman Family is so confusing because my great-grandfathers were brothers. If Patrick Hanlon who started all this is reading this hope it will help him.
freddie hassler

Wayne, I did know where David and Betty lived on Hylan, I think a sign is still at the driveway saying David Freeman,wasn't Gail Wise their daughter?
sigmore

Post by sigmore »

Where does my ole buddy Eric Freeman fall in this category. He gragiated with Frog and the rest of us hooligans in that almost last class at HHS. Class of 71.
Wayne Fuller

Post by Wayne Fuller »

I know Eric's Grandparents (Coyt Freeman) lived at 708 East Hamlet Ave. but I don't know if there was a relation to the 2 other Freeman's.
freddie hassler

Wayne, what was Chief Freeman's real first name :?: Chief lives where Wes grew up on East Hamlet Ave.by the old Hub Grill
Betty Freeman Farrell

Wayne, Mr. and Mrs Coy Freeman had a son named Jetter (not sure of the spelling) who married Margie Tenant and they had a daughter named Sherrie. Jetter was killed during World War two. I thought he was there only child.
Wayne Fuller

Post by Wayne Fuller »

Freddie, Chief Freeman name is Olan Freeman. He live down the 5 houses down the street from where Wes grew up. The house was originally Nollie Morrison house, ( Carl Wilsons ) grandparents. Olan (Chief) Freeman moved her from Florence S. C. when SCL closed the diesel shop there. As far as I know he is not related to any of the Freemans here.
Wayne Fuller

Post by Wayne Fuller »

Betty, The Freemans daughter Cherrie comes to Second Baptist some now. Can't remember her last names right now.
jwgerock

Post by jwgerock »

I'm trying to reach Patrick Hanlon. He posted a message here in Jan 2017. My grandfather was W. D. Freeman who lived on Hylan Av until his death in 1950. Patrick and I seem to have that in common and I'd like to talk to Patrick. Anyone know him and if so how I can get in touch?