Who was he?

Bruce Brown

Who was he?

Post by Bruce Brown »

This man was probably more knowledgeable in Hamlet numbers than anyone else. He was a super nice guy and had a smile for everyone. This should immediately bring to mind who I'm talking about and he wasn't an accountant. Most words have other words that completely contradict the first wood and is so in this case.

Try the word "soft."
Bruce Osburn

Post by Bruce Osburn »

Bruce Hardin, a school bus-mate for five years. I undrstand he went on to be quite involved with sports.
Bruce Osburn
--We live so long as we are remembered... old German adage.
lynnsteen

Post by lynnsteen »

Bruce Hardin??

Post by Jody Meacham »

I think Bruce Osburn is right about Bruce Hardin. I remember Hardin for attending Hamlet High School sports competitions of every kind and keeping detailed statistics on legal pads. He probably memorized everything he wrote.
Jody Meacham
HHS Class of 1969
Bruce Brown

Post by Bruce Brown »

Congratulations Bruce, Lynn, and Jody. You are correct. Bruce Hardin. We lost a truly good man when he passed.
Last edited by Bruce Brown on Fri November 30, 2012, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lynnsteen

Post by lynnsteen »

You have him described right Bruce. He was a smiling, congenial, courteous, happy person; don't think there was a bad bone in his body as they used to say. He was the unofficial official statistician for all Red Ram athlethic teams in my day, and I'm sure for later years as well. He was just a great person. He lived out east of where we lived, and I can remember seeing him walking home many a time, with yellow legal pads in hand. He did all that work for the teams on a purely voluntary basis, unless the coaches compensated him somehow in a manner I'm not aware of.

His younger brother Larry was a classmate of mine.

Bruce Harden

Post by Joe Wooten »

I remember Bruce hanging around the football locker room in(I think) in 1951. One day he had a seizure of some type and scared all us players pretty bad, but Coach Capps knew exactly what to do. First time most of us had seen anything like that.
David
Site Admin

Post by David »

freddie hassler

Post by freddie hassler »

Bruce also could be seen on the sidelines during Little League Football, he helped out our Jayhawk Coach Clyde Norton in my 7th and 8th grade years[/b]
Bill Dennis

Post by Bill Dennis »

Bruce would also carry the kids who won the county Punt, Pass & Kick contest to the state finals every year, the year my son won his age group I went with Bruce to Burlington to carry the kids to the play offs. It is a shame that Bruce was never reconized for all he did for the children of Richmond County, I don't know of anyone who loved the children any more than Bruce and most of them loved him too. He also called all the TV stations to report the scores on the Raiders ball games every friday night.
No God, No Peace - Know God, Know Peace SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESS
Wayne Terry

Re: Bruce Harden

Post by Wayne Terry »

Joe Wooten wrote:I remember Bruce hanging around the football locker room in(I think) in 1951. One day he had a seizure of some type and scared all us players pretty bad, but Coach Capps knew exactly what to do. First time most of us had seen anything like that.
I think Bruce had epilepsy, if I'm not mistaken. He had a seizure outside the main gate at the ball park after a baseball game one night and scared the dickens out of us.

I remember Bruce and his brother well.