What Was His Name?

Bruce Brown

What Was His Name?

Post by Bruce Brown »

I have deleted this trivia Question due to the fact that I don't feel anyone will be able to answer it and also I had one of my comments to sigmore deleted by the moderator.

This site is rapidly going into the hole because out of 704 registered members, only a small handful ever bothers to contribute anything. Maybe "Our Hamlet" should just drop everything except the "Do You Know " segment. The new site which was recently added," Hamlet Trivia" has only been responded to by two people, Jim Smith and myself. Most all members on here have one thing in mind and that is reading things posted by a few others and those posts are few and far between.

Good luck with your web site David. At least you tried.
Last edited by Bruce Brown on Sat December 1, 2012, 10:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
sigmore

Post by sigmore »

That sure reminds me of a fellow I only knew as Junior. The clothing discription fits him to a tee but I don't remember a hat. I remember that at the gas station he worked at sometimes an older woman in a real nice car would come and pick him up for a date. He wouldn't say much about the date but he always seemed pretty happy after being brought back. I remember him having a limp also. His crackers weren't fully covered either.
Bruce Brown

Post by Bruce Brown »

The man's name in the trivia question was not Junior Peele. It is not nor never will be my intention to publically disgrace anyone. I've known Junior for many years and he is a man of fine character, as was also the man whose name I was seeking in the trivia question. My comment on Junior had nothing to do with the other man in question and was only a reply to sigmore's question. That reply, which the moderator deleted, was nothing to be ashamed of and offered a little humor to this site, which apparently doesn't like humor.
Last edited by Bruce Brown on Sat December 1, 2012, 10:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.
sigmore

Post by sigmore »

Yepper, you are right, Junior Peele. I had just remembered his last name but you beat me to the board. I'm whatcha call "stumped" then.
Wayne Fuller

Post by Wayne Fuller »

Junior is still around but doesn't get out.
Bruce Brown

Post by Bruce Brown »

Wayne Fuller wrote:Junior is still around but doesn't get out.
The man's name, which was intended to be the one in the trivia question, is not Junior Peele. To clear things up and give the correct answer I'm posting the following info: His name was Irving Gauthier. His address was 3 Main St. beside Reese's Bycycle Shop. Was born in New Haven, CT in 1922 and relocated to Hamlet. He died at Hamlet Hospital in Dec. 1982. His burial site is in Catholic Cemetery, Ghio, NC.

My comment that was deleted was ,by far, not as bad as the humorless posts being made by sigmore and his good buddy "gg." Too bad they both didn't kill each other at the last Seaboard Fest.
sigmore

Post by sigmore »

Sorry that you were offended by me and Mr. Gregson's attempts to inject a little humor into the soup of old memories as it were. I'll be more careful in the future.
gradyormsby

Post by gradyormsby »

Please don't drop the trivia catagory. Give it some more time. I haven't responded because I haven't yet had an answer to any of the questions.