Pool Shark

lynnsteen

Pool Shark

Post by lynnsteen »

@TR4- what happened to your post a couple of weeks ago about the name of a pool shark who visited Atkinsons off and on? I was looking forward to the answer.

Re: Pool Shark

Post by TR4 »

xxxx
Last edited by TR4 on Sun May 10, 2015, 3:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bruce Osburn

Post by Bruce Osburn »

I don't know the pool shark you guys are talking about, but I do have a recollection of a pair of brother-sister pool sharks dating back between 1972 and 1976. During that time period my mom lived on Grace Chapel Church road, about a half mile from its intersection with the Gibson highway (NC 381). And right there at the intersection was a general store/gas station owned by Mr. George James whose daughter was mostly responsible for minding the store. When I visted Mom on the weekends my brother Kenny and I would take the short walk there to shoot a few games of pool on a coin operated 3/4 table. Mr. James' grandson and granddaughter, children of the lady who minded the store, were usually hanging around and took on the winner of our game. Now, those kids were young, probably between 12 and 14, and knew how to shoot a game of pool. And in all the games Kenny and I shot with them, I can't remember ever winning one. No, as the losers we just kept fishing our pockets for quarters for the table and Pepsis for the kids. I don't remember their names but they would be around 52-54 years old now.
Bruce Osburn
--We live so long as we are remembered... old German adage.
Wayne Fuller

Post by Wayne Fuller »

Bruce their names were Ed and Terry Napier. Ed lives 2 houses past the store on 381 and Terry (the daughter) lives across the field behind the store. They ages are Ed 63 and Terry 59/60.
Bruce Osburn

Post by Bruce Osburn »

Wow! I was really off on the kids' ages! I remember them as just young teenagers, certainly not in the late teens.

One of my old memory cells just woke up and I think their mother's name was/is Louise.
Bruce Osburn
Bruce Osburn

Post by Bruce Osburn »

Wayne is right... the children's names are Eddie and Terry. I just talked to brother Kenny and he remembers their last name as Wrape. Oh, well, at least I had their mother's name right.
Bruce Osburn
sigmore

Post by sigmore »

Well, where did Daryl Wrape fit in? He used to work with us at Duke Power.