Site Admin

IRH - Bill Creech - Making the Hamlet Team

Post by David »

IRH - Making the Hamlet Team 2.jpg
IRH - Making the Hamlet Team 2.jpg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 3891 times
freddie hassler

Re: IRH - Bill Creech - Making the Hamlet Team

Post by freddie hassler »

Mr. Creech was talking about Jim Harris' son played with the Cleveland Indians, that would be Bill Harris
when I was in the Air Force stationed at Malmstrom, AFB, Great Falls, Montana, Us Firemen had ate lunch and went to the Day room in the Fire station to watch TV. and we were watching the Cleveland Indians play, and the men calling the play by play were telling how good Bill Harris had been hitting and fielding GREAT, I said to myself I can get some remarks out of this, so I said''I haven't seen Bill play since we both played for the Yankees''
[/this fireman from New York City said Hassler I've been a New York Yankee Fan all my life you nor Bill Harris have never played with them. so I said I didn't say the N Y Yankees, just the Yankees a Little League Team in Hamlet,NC'' :D which was the truth, but only for my first year Bill aged out and went to Babe Ruth along with Jackie Booker and a few more great players Our coach was Jack Porter. who also was the first Yardmaster I worked for on the Railroad in 1969b]