Downtown Hamlet

Post pictures of things and happenings in our area.

Moderator: Bill Dennis

David
Site Admin

Downtown Hamlet

Postby David » Fri April 8, 2011, 10:22 am

Downtown Hamlet for Chicken errands. Left the Post Office and heading to RBC Bank.

Jody Meacham

Postby Jody Meacham » Fri April 8, 2011, 2:56 pm

I was about to criticize the chicken for heading to the drive-through window without being in a car until I realized that's also the way to the ATM. At least we now know why the chicken crossed the road.
Jody Meacham
HHS Class of 1969

Jim Harris

Postby Jim Harris » Fri April 8, 2011, 4:46 pm

Better not cross the tracks or that chicken will end up on the buffet at the Seaboard Resturant.

Bruce Osburn

Postby Bruce Osburn » Fri April 8, 2011, 7:43 pm

Sorry, Jody, the chicken didn't cross the road to go to an ATM. The chicken crossed the road simply to show 'coons and armadillos that it could be done.
Bruce Osburn
--We live so long as we are remembered... old German adage.

Janet J. Norton

Postby Janet J. Norton » Fri April 22, 2011, 9:08 pm

We had one last year in Laurel Hill. He/She was at First Bank and tried to cross the road to go to the grocery store! Wonder if it's the same one???

Susan Fisher

Postby Susan Fisher » Sat April 30, 2011, 12:11 pm

LOL!

I was heading down the mountain in the high country when a herd of cattle blocked my exit. Later I was told a broken fence at a local farm was the cause. Needless to say it took awhile to get to the store. I'll try to photo the bear that keeps taking my hummingbird sugar water and post it here. Got to love the critters that give us a smile.
Age and treachery will overcome youth and skill.

freddie hassler

Postby freddie hassler » Tue May 3, 2011, 10:07 pm

back in the '90's at Yard A aka The Hump, A Hen showed up and would eat the corn that fell out of the corn carsWe got to missing this Hen for many days, then she showed back up with about 6 chicks close behind. A Redtail Hawk was above them waiting for a meal, when the Hen spread her wings out and all her chick's went under her wings to hide. before long the Hump had lots of chickens, people would take some home with them and a pack of wild dog's took want was left. I enjoyed watching them raise a family
Just maybe the next time you go by this Bank, they will be a yard full :D

Return to “Hamlet Pictures”