Railroad Museum(s)?

Post pictures of things and happenings in our area.

Moderator: Bill Dennis

bedford1864

Railroad Museum(s)?

Postby bedford1864 » Sat December 21, 2013, 8:28 pm

Quite a few years ago I donated this image of "Florida Bound", in memory of my grandfather (which is how I remembered the Hamlet Station!) to a museum that was forming and they had it set up in the old Terminal and if memory serves me, they were only open on weekends. This was before the terminal was moved to its present location. The next time I came to Hamlet I was told that the museum was now located in a store on Hamlet Avenue. I was also told at this time that the museum was no longer associated with whoever was running the terminal. On the next trip I went to the newly opened terminal in its present location but it seems that the older museum and this present train terminal museum were not "in cooperation" with each other. I'm not trying to stir up anything or put a stick in old wounds but has this situation ever been resolved? It seems a real shame if it has not. If the story I have presented is not correct, please someone correct me. Thanks, Wayne Cosby
Attachments
Hamlet Station.jpg
Florida Bound
Hamlet Station.jpg (379.85 KiB) Viewed 2303 times
To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is not to die.

Jean Raby Nelson
Location: 12 miles south of Tampa off I-75 exit 250, Riverview FL

Re: Railroad Museum(s)?

Postby Jean Raby Nelson » Sun January 12, 2014, 9:57 am

That's a great print Wayne. I haven't lived there for 45 years so I don't know the answer to your question.
Capturing life one frame at a time...

Wayne Fuller

Re: Railroad Museum(s)?

Postby Wayne Fuller » Sun January 12, 2014, 8:04 pm

The 2 museums are still in different locations.

Return to “Hamlet Pictures”